Hello there! Likely you may have clicked on this page while exploring our store, because you want to be more informed on the brands you purchase from, their practices and their impact on the earth. Thank you for taking a great step towards being an ethical consumer. If you've just stumbled on this page by accident because you were having a nosey, maybe you could learn something fun!
Being a small business that creates products and shares them with the world can sometimes have its challenges when it comes balancing sales and sustainability. But we want to be as honest as possible with our customers, and if you ever have any feedback or ways you think we could improve, please don't hesitate to contact us!
So how are we keeping your orders sustainable?
- Where possible, paper products are printed on recycled stock;
- Orders are packaged plastic-free;
- The tissue paper that your order is wrapped in is compostable, FSC certified acid-free material and printed with soy-based ink;
- The paper confetti in your order is cut from misprinted zine pages that would otherwise go to waste since they can't be sold;
- Any tape used is either biodegradable paper washi tape or paper kraft tape;
- Gift wrap is done with kraft paper and cotton twine;
- Your order is kept safe from bending and breaking in a recyclable cardboard mailer; and
- Everything goes into a compostable mailer to keep safe from the elements during shipping.
If you want to do a bit more digging on "just how compostable is this mailer?", you can find more info on Better Packaging Co's website!
Now, this doesn't mean that we're perfect, and there are still steps we'd like to take, but we can only have the means to improve if our business grows too. So, if you appreciate what we're doing already, please support Tilly & Type whether that's with a purchase, a review, a nice comment or even just showing your pal or mum how cute our stationery is!