It's that time of the year again already! Now that we're starting to think about the festive season, I've whipped up a list of some small biz recommendations for you to shop from. It's been a difficult year for everyone, and now more than ever we need to support local, small businesses and makers that may have struggled throughout the past months. This year's list is entirely made up of Australian-based brands, so I hope you find something you love!
The same as last year, none of the links here are affiliate links in any way, I'm choosing to share products and brands which I personally support!
1. Little Black Duck Aus - I love a good teapot, and these hand-painted designs by Aboriginal artist Ash are just beautiful. She also has a range of candles and serving dishes, not to mention starting her own book club celebrating Aboriginal authors!
2. The Woodsman Australia - Save the bees! I recently got one of these stunning hand crafted bee hotels for my balcony to sit with my flowers, and I anxiously await the day a little stripy friend might investigate it. The best part is, each little house created by Serge and Libby is made with up-cycled timber and organic waste!
3. Liquorice Moon Studios - Forget a windchime, I would adore one of these beautiful ceramic bells made in Queensland by artist Eve Simmons! They even each make their own unique sound based on their size, shape and thickness.
4. Yarli Creative - Madison Connors is a Yorta Yorta, Dja Dja Wurrung and Gamilaroi woman with an amazing artistic talent. Sharing her experience as an Aboriginal woman and mother, she has created some stunning illustrations for her prints, clothing and even wall decals!
1. Ginny's Girl Gang - Let your clothing talk! Gomaroi / Gamilaraay woman Ginny creates custom painted denim jackets with a voice, celebrating her culture, art and fashion in a way to tell a story through her work.
2. Haus Of Dizzy - Get your statement earring fix from this Melbourne-based brand created by Kristy Dickinson, a proud Wiradjuri woman who has been making jewellery for 20 years! Her pieces are bright, bold conversation-starters which often feature strong political and social messages.
3. Handmade by Zoe Campbell - Did someone say Christmas scrunchies?! The ultimate finishing touch to your festive outfit would be one of Zoe's scrunchies, not to mention her beautiful jewellery!
4. Lady Petrova - Cover up your face but not your personality, these princess-like face masks are reusable and oh so beautiful. Choose from range of designs with accents like sequins, lace and even bows!
1. Jyelah Mind and Body - Indulge with some luxury personal care products from this Indigenous owned brand created by Kerrilee Philp! Some delicious handmade soap, bath bombs or candles would be perfect for winding down.
2. Chooktopia - I stand by my opinion that napping is a hobby, and therefore Chooktopia's beautiful range of wheat bags and hot water bottle covers deserve a spot here for the ultimate nap experience!
3. Roll With Advantage - I've recently gotten into Dungeons & Dragons and therefore have been eyeing up this beautiful dice set by female-owned, Melbourne-based brand Roll With Advantage. They have some gorgeous designs to choose from, including Pride Flag dice!
4. Ingrid Bart - Decorate everything with the most stunning washi tapes by talented Brisbane artist Ingrid Bartkowiak! If you're into journalling or have a penpal, you might need to add these to your stationery collection.
That's it for this year's wishlist! I hope you found some goodies that are going in your shopping cart. Please feel free to share this post with your loved ones so that we can all do our bit to support small Australian businesses this Christmas! I'd love to hear whether you have any other recommendations to add as well, leave a comment!
If you loved reading this blog post, please consider supporting me on Ko-fi for just the price of a morning coffee so that I can keep on making content like this!