With Valentine's Day coming up next week, it's an occasion for sharing kind words, giving gifts and spending time with loved ones. However, I hope that it will also be a time of practicing some self love and caring for yourself, regardless of your relationship status. Let the holiday be a reminder to try and slow down, express gratitude and be kind, all year round.
With that said, here's a few ways to practise self love.
- Buy yourself flowers
- Cook your favourite meal
- Write your future self a letter
- Have a long bath (optional bubbles/bath bomb!)
- Get a good night's sleep
- Take a break from social media
- Forgive yourself
- Keep a journal
- Try a new hobby
- Create a safe space in your home
- Take your medication
- Compliment yourself
- Schedule a date with friends
- Turn off notifications
- Sit out in nature
- Dance alone
- Say kind words to yourself
- Have a good laugh
- Breathe like you love yourself
Have your own suggestions? I'd love to hear them!
If you loved reading this blog post, please consider supporting me on Ko-fi for just the price of a morning coffee so that I can keep on making content like this!